We do Precision Metal Fabricating. Metal Fabricating is the process of manufacturing sheet metal and other flat metals to make them conform to specific shapes. Metal Fabricating is the creation of metal structures by cutting, bending and assembling processes. It is a value-added process involving the creation of machines, parts and structures from various raw materials. The process starts with sheet metal around a quarter of an inch thick or less. At this thickness, the metal is pliable enough to assume different shapes. Using this metal, fabricators alter the sheet to create a specific shape. This takes place through cutting, stamping, shaping, folding and welding. Another related practice is Custom Metal Fabricating, meaning the creation of new custom parts using novel combinations of all these processes.
Typical Metal Fabricating Processes:
– Forging: Forging (also called Heading) is an intricate manufacturing process that entails shaping
the metal using a series of localized compressive forces. These forces are delivered blow by blow
utilizing a hammer or even a die
– Casting: Whereas forging metal is something that’s done by hand, casting is the process of pouring
molten metal into a mold by machine.
– Drawing: Metal drawing is a metalworking process by which metal is stretched and formed using
tensile force. The process is typically performed cold, which is done to ensure accurate tolerances,
better grain structure and surface finish
– Forming: Forming is the metalworking process of fashioning metal parts and
objects through mechanical deformation; the workpiece is reshaped without adding or removing
material and its mass remains unchanged.
– Machining: Machining is a process in which a material (often metal) is cut to a desired final shape
and size by a controlled material-removal process. The processes that have this common theme are
collectively called subtractive manufacturing, in contrast to additive manufacturing, which uses
controlled addition of material.
– Extrusion: Extrusion is one type of metal forming operation where dies are used to change the
shape of the metal piece with the help of external force which is compressive in nature. By this
process, we can make any type of complex shape quite easily.
We work directly with your company to make sure your objectives are realized. We provide you with upfront cost estimates, efficient turnaround schedules, and detailed planning. Throughout the duration of the project, we remain in contact with your company to ensure all of your goals are achieved on time and within budget.
PLEASE CALL US FOR QUESTIONS OR A QUOTE: (916) 202-1104 TOLL FREE FAX LINE: (866) 265-0011 or Email Us